Eleanor Boorman |
Preferring commissions to exhibitions, Eleanor has developed over 16 years a flexible working pattern to suit her clients.
- A basic painting idea is needed, ie number of subjects, size of painting, setting and so on. This is usually discussed by phone or e-mail.
- Depending on the clients’ schedule, the painting is either done in the artist’s studio or on the client’s premises.
- Ideally three sittings, each with 2½ hours quality painting time is required for a head portrait (see three-stage illustration below). These sittings are relaxed and informal, and clients may wish to bring their own music or audio tapes
- Animals and children usually require 30 minutes to an hour of video and photography work for practical reasons.
- Drawings from £600 to £2,000.
- Portraits from £6,000 to £20,000.
- Sculpture from £3,000 to £50,000.
- Payments can be sent directly via BACS transfer. A 50% deposit is paid before the work commences and the full balance is due on completion, only once the client is fully satisfied with the work.